Boo hoo Summer is over.
Explaining the Fall Season: As we started moving into September Jacob was still asking to go swimming but we kept telling him that the summer was over and Fall was beginning. He is trying very hard to understand what Fall means but its a little confusing. I tried to explain to him that it will start getting colder and the leaves on the trees will change and fall to the ground. After I told him this he kept asking why all the leaves weren't falling yet. I keep telling him that it takes time and that they will all not fall at the same time. I have been pointing out the changing colors and showing him how some leaves have started to fall.
Dylan is starting to say more and more each day. He will repeat most of the words that you ask him to but he doesn't use them on a regular basis yet. He is becoming quite the copy cat of Jacob and tries to do everything Jacob does. Jacob loves this and has started telling Dylan to do naughty things "Dylan, tell mommy no!" or showing him to play at the table while eating.
Dylan is still trying to climb everything. The great thing these days is that Dylan and Jacob are playing together more. In fact Jacob gets mad sometimes when Dylan will not play with him.
Dylan doesn't like to listen to anything you tell him. Jake decided it was time to start giving him timeouts. Dylan thinks it is funny and doesn't quite understand what it means but its a start. Sadly the only way to really get his attention is to use a loud angry voice and then his little lip quivers and he stops doing the action.
Dylan has been trying to sing Twinkle Twinkle little star. The cute thing is this was Jacob's first song he started singing too.
When mommy showers during the week days I need to bring Dylan and some toys into the bathroom since I do not trust him roaming the house while I am in the shower. About a week ago while showering I thought it seemed a little too quiet so I peeked out of the tub and saw Dylan with this tiny tiny tiny piece of toilet paper trying to clean my toilet. GROSS!!! Now he has become my little cleaner. He uses toilet paper, napkins, Kleenex and paper towels to wipe down tables, faces, hands, walls, you name it he will clean it.
Jacob - Apparently he doesn't feel as though he is getting enough attention because when we are telling Dylan no to something, Jacob goes and does it too. So now we have to tell them both no!
Potty training - RRRR, well we have been potty training Jacob for over a year. He understands the concept and will always go #2 on the potty chair but we typically have at least one accident a day. I spoke to his pediatrician regarding any helpful hints. We are to remind him to go constantly through out the day and use a timer. Jacob goes about every 40 minutes so I have to ask him to go every 40 minutes. This is very common for kids his age because they get so involved in what they are doing and don't stop.
Jacob is ready for Preschool and will start in October. He will go 2 days a week for 6 hours each
day. This will include a music class.
Jacob still loves his trains but he is starting to get into construction trucks. He doesn't have very many and keeps asking for some. I keep telling him that maybe for his birthday he will get some. So there is an idea for you Grandparents.
Jacob's favorite songs are We will we will rock you and Another one bites the dust. He loves to take pictures and tells you to make different faces. He gives great feedback to you after he takes it.
Jacob is our little lover. He likes to give lots and lots of kisses and it doesn't matter what you are doing. When I am helping him get dressed he is giving me kisses, when I am putting lotion on him he is giving me kisses, when I am trying to go to the bathroom he is giving me kisses. Many times I need to ask him to stop while at the same time telling him that I love his kisses so I don't hurt his feelings. Jacob is our little sensitive boy and we are hoping that preschool will toughen him up just a little bit but not too much. I still want my gentle kid.
Jacob has started to tell us that he doesn't like us when he is mad. I told him that it hurts people's feelings when he says that. He told me that his neighbor friend said it to him and that is where he learned it. I thought he would at least be in school before he said this but I was wrong!
Jacob is tough to buy clothes for because he is so skinny. He needs a 4T length but a 2T waist. Good luck finding that in the store. Thank god for adjustable wastes; however, then he looks like he is wearing parachute pants. We need to put a little meat on his bones. Dylan is just as bad. I am having a hard time with shirts. He has long arms and a skinny torso so he needs a 24 month shirt for the arms and an 18 month shirt for the torso.
As you can see from this picture Dylan had a few accidents while playing.
Mommy was blow drying her hair so the boys did sticker books nicely. WOW!!!