Dylan is now 5 months old and a lot is happening. He is still a very smiley baby and loves food. He is eating all sorts of veggies and fruit. The sweet potatoes tend to make him a little uncomfortable and he spits up more (lots of fiber). His favorite seems to be pears. I am still making my own baby food and so far it has been working out. We bought a couple of jarred baby food to take on the road and wow have prices gone up.
Dylan is rolling over from back to tummy and to his back again. He typically doesn't like being on his stomach and will get upset. He has found his feet but unlike Jacob at this age he hasn't gotten them in his mouth yet. He will grab anything he can reach including our cat Oscar's ear. He did that one today. Oscar wasn't too happy. When you hold him in a sitting position he tries to stand up but his legs are not strong enough yet - soon. He loves to watch Jacob!
As family has been coming around him we are finding that he is a big time mommy's boy and will cry when someone other then me tries to hold him. He is better if he can at least see me. Jacob wasn't like this and I believe that was a benefit to having him in daycare.
Look I found my feet.
I am longer then the bear now!

ooohh toes 


Dylan and big brother Jacob

Here is our latest development. Dylan is starting to sleep on his stomach. I am not excited about this at all and it makes me very nervous!!! I try to put him back on his back but he rolls right back over. I keep telling myself that it is o.k. because he is strong enough to rollover and is also strong enough to lift his head; however, it doesn't really help relieve any of my anxiety. To go along with this new sleeping position he gets upset when he can't get his nuk back in his mouth and so many times through the night he cries until I give it back to him. RRRRR....