BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Sunday, April 11, 2010

Scary moment #2

Well as you can all guess my first scariest moment in my life is Dylan's stint in the hospital. My second scariest moment occurred this morning. Lets start by saying since Dylan was born sometimes when I wake up in the morning I am a little off balance and sometimes stumble a bit. It has never been an issue until this morning. Dylan woke up at 4:30 to be fed. I got him out of his bassinet which is next to our bed and made the usual decision to go to Jacob's room (his room is less then one foot from our room) to close his door so that we don't wake him. The next thing I know I am down on the ground in the door of Jacob's room with Jake asking me something about Dylan. I vaguely remember yelling for Jake but nothing else. I HAD PASSED OUT! Jake's voice brought me to the attention of Dylan laying on the floor in front of me. I am on all fours and have the worse feeling in my neck and back. Jacob woke up and I picked up Dylan and gave him to Jake to make sure he was o.k. and I tended to getting Jacob back to sleep. At this point I am still a little disoriented and was unable to move my head or neck. I went out to Jake and Dylan and he said Dylan was fine. I was so scared because I figured I had dropped him. Jake had fallen asleep on the couch last night and woke to a huge crashing sound. He ran to see what it was and had found me and Dylan on the floor. Dylan was just laying there looking at me and I was disoriented and scared to death. Jake and I don't think I dropped Dylan, we think that I held Dylan tight as I fell and then laid him down because Dylan never cried and didn't appear hurt. I on the other hand skinned my elbow, hurt my knees, bumped my mouth, and severely hurt my neck and back and later this morning felt my face and realized it was tender. So we think I hit my face on Jacob's bedroom door. After I calmed down the realization that I could have dropped Dylan and really hurt him kicked in and I became really shaky and started crying. All day I keep thinking about how terrible this could have been and it scares me so much. We are so lucky. Jake thinks my mother instincts kicked in and I protected Dylan. I don't remember getting from Dylan's bassinet to Jacob's floor. In the future when I wake up I am going to go close Jacob's door first to make sure that I am o.k. to pick Dylan up and walk. Today my neck and back are really sore but I don't care as long as Dylan is o.k.